The DHMO Threat

The DHMO threat has been an issue for quite some time now. We are entering a time of year when the major threat from this chemical changes from accidental inhalation or withdrawal to property damage.

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death. 

To get up to date and find out more about this threat, these sites will help you out.

Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division – dihydrogen monoxide info

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Dihydrogen Monoxide

Hydrogen Hydroxide: Now More Than Ever!

The upcoming SNU rally will be at a site near where recent deaths have occurred due to DMHO.  Since most rally attendees do not engage in the sorts of activities that put them at that type of risk, they will probably be relatively safe from that risk. That does not mean care should not be taken.

Comments are closed.