It started with a link to a post about young men from Animal House to Zulu that lead to a post from the same author — When Nerds Travel. That has a list, here are some of the items.
- You hit the museum book-n-stuff shop first, then go to the museum.
- Modern: your e-reader is loaded with local and regional history. Coming back, your luggage is full of books and maps even though . . .
- You plan your family trips on a theme, such as the Oregon Trail this year, then the fur trapper rendezvous, then the Mormon Trail, then Civil War battlefields, then US colonial history, and so on.
- Someone asks you where you got that lovely silk scarf and you say, “The gift shop at the Prado. It was part of an exhibition on pre-Reconquista art and it is based on a pattern from the third main room of the Alhambra.” (True story but not me)
- You plan your vacation around museums and zoos and planetaria* and botanical gardens.
Check out the full list. Maybe you can add to it?